Eating Well at School
Established in 1997, Holroyd Howe Independent is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, specialising solely in the provision of food services to independent schools and colleges. In January 2012 they became the food service providers of West Heath School.
We serve meals that are fresh, contemporary, nutritionally balanced and sourced locally. We are committed to maintaining a healthy eating policy and work in partnership with our schools and an expert nutritionist to promote the wellbeing of pupils and staff.
At West Heath School, we will provide the following…
- Toast with a selection of cold drinks
- Homemade soups with homemade bread
- Two hot main meals, one a vegetarian option, vegetables and accompaniments, served with home baked bread
- Freshly prepared daily salad bar with lots to choose from!
- Jacket potato and pasta bars with a choice of toppings
- Tempting hot or cold desserts every day
- Seasonal cut fruit and homemade yoghurt, custard and jelly pots.
We incorporate in our menus an exciting selection of meals, including traditional favourites and contemporary dishes that reflect modern trends.
90% of our food is freshly prepared using fresh seasonal ingredients, and we always ensure that a selection of fruit is available at all meal times.
Special ‘discovery days’ supported by our suppliers, who will visit the school at break times and display local produce and other foods of interest.
- Healthy packed lunches as required for excursions
- Refreshments for school events, functions and hospitality
“Dining at school should be fun and exciting – the children that we serve need to be inspired by the food we offer and assured that we have applied our time and expertise in providing them with the nutritional balance they need and expect. At Holroyd Howe Independent, we take these responsibilities very seriously and work tirelessly to deliver our services with care, spirit and professionalism.”
Nick Howe, Founder